How to Claim Income Tax in United Kingdom

Often, the HMRC will know that you’ve overpaid when they make their P800 tax calculation. If you are in full/part time employment Each year your employer will supply HMRC with the total of wages and benefits you have received during the tax year. HMRC use this information to calculate the exact amount of tax you should have paid, and often will refund any overpayment automatically.